The QTLC is conducting a Rail Forum that will provide an opportunity for government and industry Government to work collaboratively to identify and respond to challenges that impact on the efficient movement of rail freight.
The forum will explore options for the long term planning and management of rail freight services for freight users and operators as well as give visibility to issues affecting freight movement on rail.
Issues covered at the forum will include:
• Demand for freight rails service
• Factors impacting modal share and shift
• Constraints to the efficient movement of freight by rail
• Connectivity of the road/rail freight network
• Options for maximising existing rail infrastructure and potential infrastructure upgrades
The QTLC Rail forum is scheduled for the first quarter of 2013. If you would like to contribute to the forum’s discussions please contact Nicki Milios – email@example.com