About the QLTC
Who we are
The Queensland Transport and Logistics Council (QTLC) is a cooperative industry and government advisory body that provides advice to industry stakeholders and state and federal governments on the development, planning, regulation and operation of freight and logistics transport, infrastructure and services in Queensland.
The QTLC is funded by the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) and acts as an independent advisory body.
What we do
As the respected industry body representing the views of the freight transport and logistics industry, the QTLC advocates for the provision of infrastructure, regulation and policy that will support sustainable freight transport and logistics in Queensland.
Vision & Values
The QTLC is a cooperative industry and Government advisory body that provides advice to industry stakeholders on the development, planning, regulation and operation of freight and logistics transport, infrastructure and services in Queensland.
The Council’s objectives are to:
- Promote the efficiency and development of the freight transport and logistics industry in Queensland, including the movement of goods to urban, intrastate, interstate and overseas markets across all modes of transport; and
- Facilitate improved efficiency and integration of freight transport infrastructure throughout the freight logistics chain.
The Council will do this by identifying issues impacting on the State’s freight movements as raised by industry and Government, exchanged views as to the means of progressing resolution of those issues and then determine a solution which can form the basis of advice given in an objective and holistic manner to industry and the Government.
The Queensland Transport and Logistics Council’s Mission is to represent the freight transport and logistics industry to influence policy, regulation, infrastructure planning and investment to achieve sustainable and productive supply chains.
The QTLC aims to support the efficient movement of freight in order to support sustainable and productive economic development and prosperity.
The QTLC achieves this by pursuing:
- Appropriate and ongoing investment in supply chain infrastructure;
- Integrated regional and urban planning frameworks that secure land for current and future freight corridors;
- An access policy and regulation environment that facilitates productivity and innovation; and,
- Efficient integration and linkage of freight and logistics systems across the whole supply chain.